Franck Dibouës, CBT psychologist in Singapore
In 2003, I graduated in clinical psychology from Paris 8 University.
During my last two years of study as an intern I treated victims of violence and among them suffered trauma. After graduating, I continued this work in a public hospital with the Forensic Medical Emergency Department and Associations for the Support of Victims of Criminal Offense in Paris and surrounding suburbs. After living in South East Asia, I returned to France to train medical staff and social workers about psychology and health. Since 2019 I’m based in Singapore.
I specialize in different approaches of change and psychotherapy including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EDMR), relaxation, mindfulness-based interventions and hypnotherapy. The main idea is to use integrative methodology, meaning to use appropriate techniques with the right person.
My clinical practice is supervised by Anne Françoise Chaperon.
- Since 2019, Co-founder and Director of Gentle Company of Care, representing Humanitude® and Institute Gineste-Marescotti in Singapore.
- Clinical psychologist in Singapore on behalf of Gentle Company of Care. Conducting psychotherapy, facilitating group therapy (assertiveness training with CBT) and psychoeducation workshops on different topics related to psychology, well-being and health (e.g. how to manage panic attacks, stress management, mindful eating).
- In 2016, developed consultation both online and at the Centre de Thérapie Douce in Paris. Conducted therapies following the integrative approach: CBT, hypnosis, EMDR. Personally coached people who wanted to lose weight permanently, using the method I created, La Tête et le Ventre.
- Trainer since 1999: Conducted 100-150 days of training per year during 2007-2019 for Vortex Formation, IRFA Évolution, INFOR Santé, Forma Santé, EMS Formations, etc.
- Psychologist at the Urgences Médico-Judiciaires (Forensic Medical Emergency Department) of the Jean Verdier Hospital in Bondy, AP-HP Group during 2005-2006.
- Psychologist for debriefings after crisis situations at LCL, Le Crédit Mutuel, Carrefour, La Poste, the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, MAIF. Ad hoc and regular missions for 2 years (2004- 2006) on behalf of INAVEM or other association providing assistance to victims of criminal offences.
- Psychologist at Paris Aide aux Victimes and AAVIP de Melun for 3 years during 2003-2006. These 2 structures are associations providing assistance to victims of criminal offences.
- Internships in Psychology:
- EHPAD (Nursing home) Les Ormes at Montfermeil from 1999 to 2001.
- SOS Victimes (Association for the Support of Victims of Criminal offense) at Bobigny undertaking to Urgences médico judiciaires (Forensic Medical Emergency Department), Jean Verdier Hospital at Bondy from 2000 to 2002.
- Lagny-sur-Marne Hospital, Adult Psychiatry Department for 6 months in 2000.
Consultation by appointment
There is a psychiatric emergency* if a person endangers himself or herself or others by his or her behavior.
- SOS (Samaritans of Singapore)
24-hour hotline 1800 221 4444
- Emergency call (Institute of Mental Health)
24-hour hotline 6389 2222
* “Emergency in psychiatry is a request to which response cannot be deferred: there is an emergency from the moment someone asks the question, whether it is the patient, the entourage or the doctor. It requires a fast and adequate response from the care team in order to alleviate the acute nature of the psychological suffering.” (Definition by the Working Group of the Mental Illness Commission, 1991)
Discover “La Tête et le Ventre”
La Tête et le Ventre (The Head and Belly) is a method that I created for people who are overweight. Ideally you are never or rarely on diet and you do not have an eating disorder such as bulimia or anorexia.
- The treatment of food compulsions with Anne Françoise Chaperon, Zoom, 2020
- Trial-Based Cognitive Therapy with Anne Françoise Chaperon, Paris, 2019
- EMDR, with the Institut Français d’EMDR, Paris, 2016
- Medical hypnosis with AFEHM, Pierre and Marie Curie Faculty of Medicine, Paris, 2016
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) with Dr Yasmine Liénard, Paris, 2016
- Self-Assertiveness with Anne Françoise Chaperon at the AFTCC, Paris, 2012
- Stress Management with Anne Victoire Rousselet, AFTCC, Paris, 2012
- Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy, AFTCC, Paris, 2010 to 2012
- Ethnopsychiatry seminar under the direction of Tobie Nathan, Centre Universitaire G. Devereux, Université Paris 8, Saint Denis, 2002
- Psychodynamic debriefing with Carole Damiani & Pr François Lebigot, Paris, 2001
- Psychotherapeutic relaxation with Dr Jean Bergès, 2000.
- Legal training, persons who are victims of criminal offences, INAVEM, Paris, 2000
- Improvement in Transactional Analysis with Roxanne Ravelli, Paris, 1998
- Reichian Techniques with Jacques Lesage de La Haye & Dr Gérard Guasch, Paris, 1997
- NLP with Roxanne Ravelli, Paris, 1996
- Non-violent Communication with Marshal Rosenberg, Paris, 1995
- Transactional Analysis 101 with Rémy Filliozat, Paris, 1994
Disorders I treat
With integrative method, I manage the following disorders:
Difficulties with assertiveness, self-esteem and self-confidence, stress-related disorders, anxiety disorders, agoraphobia, panic disorders, social anxiety, OCD, phobias, mood disorders, depression.
Therapies and services
I provide various approaches for change and psychotherapy, including Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies, EMDR, relaxation, hypnosis and mindfulness-based interventions.