FOR WHOM ?
Any employee working in connection with
aggressive or violent persons
– Stress under control and stress with loss of control, increased aggression, possibility of violence
– Difference between aggression and violence
– Subjects “in reality” and subjects “out of reality” (neurological, psychotic disorders)
– Conflict dynamics. Aggressive reaction feeds the aggressiveness of the others: so what to do?
– Does the professional refer sufficiently to the institutional framework? Is this formalized in writing?
– Legal qualification of violence. Nuances between what is tolerable and what is less tolerable. Remedies, within and outside the institution
– The notion of criminal offence and different basic legal concepts
– The rights and duties of everyone
– Reacting appropriately to agressiveness. Maintain the bond with the user despite aggression. Know how to protect oneself from violence
– Learn never to fuel the aggression of the user and/or those close to the user
– Protect oneself, other users, the person being assaulted and the institution. To identify the errors to be avoided and to know the relays within and outside the institution